- SMXL Story
UX and Conversion Optimisation Masterclass
Get More Revenue From the Same Amount of Visitors
Milan, 13 november 2017
MiCo - Milano Congressi - Hour: 10:00 / 18:00
Get a proven and hands-on framework to make more money with your website & landing pages. A full-day, intensive training course led by world renowned UX and CRO expert Karl Gilis.
In this full day masterclass you will learn how to:
- Use user research tools and techniques to uncover usability and UX problems on any site.
- Implement a proven, repeatable process that will result in more revenue per visitor.
- Extract the highest value insights from heat maps, user recordings and form analytics.
- Apply Karl’s 15 years of UX and usability processes, tools and tricks to your site right away.
Why should I follow this masterclass?
- You’re a business owner, webmaster, designer, marketer, … who believes that online marketing shouldn’t be based on gut feeling and opinions. But you’re not sure how to gather those facts.
- You want more visitors to become clients. You’ve people clicking on your ads and finding you in Google, but most of them don’t become clients. And you want to change that.
- You know that your site or landing pages can be improved. But you’re not sure where to start.
- You have the ambition to grow your online business or those of your clients and you understand Rome wasn’t built in a day. So you’re looking for a strategy and repeatable process to improve any website or landing page step-by-step.
- You realize that tools are important but are never the solution as such. You want to learn to get the most out of them. And even more important: how to connect the dots.
- You understand that usability & conversion optimization are crucial to survive online. But you’re overwhelmed with all the information you can find online. So you’re looking for a hands-on training that’s build around the idea that the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
What You’ll Walk Away With Afterwards
- The right mindset to be really (and I mean really-really) customer-centric. From now on you’ll be able to sell how people want to buy. Instead of selling the way you want to sell, as you’re doing now.
- A proven process and methodology that allows you to identify the weak spots of any website or landing page.
- An in-depth knowledge of how to get useful insights out of the most important (and affordable) user research tools and methods available. Without spending ages staring at boring graphs and numbers.
- An incredible amount of tips, tricks and guidelines to convert your visitors into customers. Yes, believe me: it’s incredible. See what I did there?
- The knowledge & confidence to improve your website and landing pages, even when you don’t have enough visitors to do ab-testing.
According to PPC Hero, Karl is the 3rd most influential Conversion Rate Optimizer worldwide. He’s also the G in AGConsult, a Belgium-based usability and conversion optimization company. He’s been optimizing websites since 2001. Always based on user research & facts.
Karl is a top rated international speaker (he was voted best speaker at AdWorld Experience in Bologna and many other conferences all over the world).
He teaches at several universities in Belgium. And has trained people from companies such as TUI, Thomas Cook, Suzuki, Toyota and Atlas Copco.
He works for brands such as Shell, Suzuki, Carglass, Honeywell, Eastpak and Kipling.
In his spare time, Karl is working on a cure for people who think online marketing is based on gut feeling and opinions.
He’s also known as the ‘UX comedian’, but he has promised to be dead serious during this course. Not
Part 1: The user research process (find out what your visitors want)
During the first 3 hours I’ll share how I use user research tools and techniques to uncover usability and UX problems. So you know how to get the most out of them.
- Targeted surveys: what questions to ask when?
- Scroll and click heatmaps: what you can learn from them
- User session recordings how to process them and what patterns to look for?
- Form Analysis: how to improve your forms with form analysis
Part 2: Tips & tricks for category and product pages
The next 3 hours Karl shares the best UX tips & tricks he discovered the past 15 years. So you can use them on your site and landing pages to turn those visitors into customers.
- Detail Pages & Landing Pages
I’ll show you the ins and outs of every element of a typical page (e.g. header, photo, design, text, call to action, USP, etc.) Not based on gut feeling or opinion, but on real life examples.
- Category Pages
If you sell more than one product or service, you probably have category pages. We will tackle the most common, but often overlooked, problems with these pages.
Forms are crucial for every online business. I’ll share some tips and tricks to make yor forms better.
Part 3: Live review of your site or landing page
During the breaks and the last hour you can have live feedback from one of the most influential UX and CRO-experts in the world. And of course, you’re free to ask questions during the masterclass.